Anti-theft protection that does more than just deter.
Car theft remains one of the costliest property crimes in the U.S. Nearly 800,000 vehicles were stolen in 2016 alone.* More than just car theft protection, Assurant offers a suite of services that prevent theft, support customers in case of loss and aid in vehicle recovery. In fact, our program offers what many law enforcement agencies consider one of the most effective methods of deterring vehicle theft.**
“It's always great to have a partner in business that walks the talk.”
― Ray O'Bryhim, Pohanka Automotive Group (Capitol Heights, MD)
Vehicle Theft Protection Options
Vehicle Sentry Protection (VSP)
Simple, affordable and profitable, Assurant Vehicle Sentry Protection provides unmatched car theft protection while helping build a closer relationship between consumers and dealerships.
Our Vehicle Sentry Protection program prevents vehicle theft through advanced digital tools. A permanent, traceable ID code is etched into each major window of the vehicle. Special warning decals are affixed to the driver and passenger windows, while your customer’s name and vehicle ID, VIN and code number are entered into a digital vehicle retrieval system. VSP can’t be removed, unlike other anti-theft measures. This not only acts as a deterrent, but also makes it difficult for thieves to sell the stolen vehicle.
In the event of theft, we provide customers with rental reimbursement to ensure they can still get from point A to point B. Customers also receive a limited warranty* at the time of purchase that pays for the cost of the vehicle if it’s declared unrecoverable. A check is issued to your customer and your dealership, ensuring both parties are compensated for the loss.
- All vehicles qualify regardless of age or mileage
- No warranty-voiding
- Rental reimbursement up to $250
- Claim check made jointly payable to selling dealer and customer
- VSP security coding makes it difficult for a thief to sell a vehicle quickly
- Many major insurance companies may offer lower comprehensive premiums
- Better odds of recovery because police can trace ownership
- VSP cannot be removed, unlike other anti-theft devices
- If a vehicle is stolen and is not recovered, the customer receives a specified sum per their contract, over and above their insurance settlement
- Benefits are transferable, which can add to a vehicle's resale value
DataDotDNA® is a popular choice for individuals and businesses that wish to protect their valuable items. Technologically advanced, easy to apply and cost effective, DataDotDNA is the number one option for your theft prevention needs.
What are DataDots?
DataDots are tiny microscopic discs that contain unique information that’s linked to the property owner. As small as a grain of sand, DataDots are recognized as one of the most effective ways of preventing theft and counterfeiting. They enable items to be easily identified and play a crucial role in the recovery and return of stolen assets.
How does DataDotsDNA work?
- Thousands of DataDots are sprayed or brushed onto various locations on a customer’s vehicle and are suspended in a UV security adhesive.
- The unique code on each DataDot is then stored on a secure global database which can be accessed by police if the vehicle is stolen.
- The DataDots are almost invisible to the naked eye, but can be detected by a UV light and magnifying device.
- It’s virtually impossible to locate and remove all the DataDots, making it extremely difficult for thieves to sell the vehicle without fear of being caught.
- Warning stickers act as a further deterrent to thieves.
- Easy application – DataDots can be applied quickly and easily to vehicles.
- Cost effective – DataDots provide invaluable protection for as little as the price of a cup of coffee.
- Peace of mind – If a vehicle is stolen, its ownership is easily traceable via the secure
- DataDotDNA national database.
- Proof of ownership – The unique code on each DataDot links the vehicle back to your customers, making it virtually impossible for thieves to sell it safely.
- Insurance savings – Customers are eligible for a range of potential insurance discounts and incentives.
- Awareness – Law enforcement acknowledges the effectiveness of DataDot technology in property theft prevention.
Shadowmark® I.D. labels are fastened around your vehicle. If removed, they leave an unseen imprint detectable only by an ultraviolet light.
Shadowmark stickers are applied to the driver and passenger windows to discourage theft. The registered owner's name and vehicle, ID and individual registration numbers are entered into a computer database.
Features & Benefits
- Protects 24/7
- May reduce customer insurance rate
- Up to $7,500 value for new, leased or used vehicles, including tax, title and license — plus factory & dealer aftermarket options
- Shadowmark product identification code is supplied to law enforcement agencies to assist in recovering your vehicle
- Reimbursement on out-of-pocket rental car expenses
- Terms of 3 or 5 years
- Fully transferable, adding resale value to your vehicle