You are a valued customer and we strive to meet your privacy concerns. We want to make sure your personal information is protected and that you understand the policies that protect you. Assurant companies and other insurers that operate under this Privacy Notice (“We”) provide various insurance products, including mobile insurance, credit insurance, and membership products. Our products may be sold directly to individuals, sold through our agents or offered on behalf of other companies. These other companies may be banks, credit unions, finance companies, retailers, utilities, automobile dealers, manufactured housing or mortgage companies.
Pursuant to the United States Gramm-Leach Bliley Act, companies that qualify as financial institutions must provide their customers with a Privacy Notice on an annual basis. If you have asked not to be solicited, that request is still in effect. You do not need to contact us again. This is not a solicitation. You do not need to respond.
This Privacy Notice gives you examples of the types of data we lawfully collect, use, share or disclose; and the kinds of companies with whom we may lawfully share such data. These examples serve only as illustrations; they should not be considered all of the data we may lawfully collect, use or share. Below is our privacy pledge to you:
Our Privacy Principles:
• We do not sell your personal information.
• We do not share your personal information with anyone outside the Assurant family of affiliated companies unless you expressly authorize the sharing, or it is permitted or required by law.
• We do not allow those with whom we do business to use our customer information for their own marketing purposes unless there is a valid joint marketing agreement.
• We will not collect, use, share or disclose any of your information if prohibited by law.
• We contractually require any person or business providing products or services on our behalf to safeguard our customer information.
Information We May Collect
The level of information we may collect varies depending upon the type of services and products we offer you. Here are some examples of the types of information we may collect and how we gather it:
• From you (or provided to us on your behalf), on applications and other forms you submit to us; for example: your name, address, social security number, telephone number, employer and income.
• From your transactions with our companies or other non-affiliated parties; for example: your name, address, telephone number, age, credit card use, insurance coverage, transaction history, claims history and premiums.
• From consumer reporting agencies, public records and data collection agencies; for example: your obligations with others and your creditworthiness. However, we will not use your credit score, credit report or any other credit-related information in jurisdictions where it is prohibited by law.
• From health care providers, such as doctors and hospitals; for example: your past or present health condition. Health data will be collected only if we need to find out if you are eligible for coverage, process claims or prevent fraud, as authorized by you or as the law may permit or require. NOTE: We collect health data only to manage a health-related product or service; for example: life or disability insurance, for which you applied, or as otherwise permitted by law.
• From you when you enroll, request a service, or file a claim on one of our websites; for example: your name, address, contract number, credit card issuer and account number, personal identification number, e-mail address, service contract and claim information.
Information We May Disclose or Share and With Whom
We may lawfully share customer information with other entities as needed to deliver products and services to you, provide customer service or handle your account. Disclosures Permitted by Law We share customer information as described above and as permitted by law. Disclosures for Joint Marketing and Servicing We may lawfully share customer information with persons or organizations inside or outside our family of companies that perform marketing services for us or with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
Information Regarding Former Customers
We treat the information of prospective and former customers in the same manner as existing customers with respect to the use of personal information.
Our Security Procedures We restrict access to customer information to those employees whom we know have a valid business purpose to have access to such data. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. We require those who provide services for us and to whom we provide your data to keep your information safeguarded and confidential.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Notice at any time. If we make material changes, we will provide current customers a new notice that describes our new practices and will post it on our internet websites. The following companies underwrite or market services under the Assurant service mark and adhere to this Privacy Notice. We value our relationship with you. Should you have any questions about our Privacy Notice, please write to us at The Assurant Privacy Office, 260 Interstate N Circle SE, Atlanta, Georgia 30339.
|American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida
|National Product Care Company (NPCC)
|American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida
|Reliable Lloyds Insurance Company
|American Security Insurance Company
|Service Plan, Inc. (SPI)
|Caribbean American Life Assurance Company
|Standard Guaranty Insurance Company
|Caribbean American Property Insurance Company
|Union Security Insurance Company
|Consumer Program Administrators, Inc. (CPI)
|Union Security Life Insurance Company of New York
|Dealers Performance, Inc. (DPI)
|Voyager Indemnity Insurance Company
|John Alden Life Insurance Company
|Virginia Surety Company, Inc. (VSC)